Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager – Environmental Services (INTERN)
POST Date: Apr. 15, 2022
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is in need of TWO individual to assist in daily field and administration duties. This position is partially funded by a Government Grant, and some educational, residency, and other requirements must be met. To qualify, the right candidate must have:
- Must be a full-time, permanent position
- Environment-related position in STEM or Natural Resources
- Must be 30 years of age or younger
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
- Educated with a minimum 2-year diploma (Environmental disciplines)
- Start date on or after May 01, 2022
The right candidate will have opportunity to obtain & expand their basic knowledge & skills; possibly integrating into a project manager or complimentary position in the following core areas:
- Drilling Waste Management (Primary Service Area)
- Site Assessments (Basic soils, topography, plant & animal ID)
- Water Resource Management
- Spill response, cleanup, remediation (depending on availability/requirement)
- Safety Management
Upon training and a term of fieldwork, a supervisory role will be integrated to:
- Field Service in Drilling Waste and Water Management – this will make up a majority of your duties:
- Contact third party stakeholders, and source water for for drilling or pipeline operations; assess quality & quantity. (“Line-up” water)
- Line up, and assess agricultural land for surface application of drill waste; as per quality & quantity; particular to regulatory limitations of Directive 050 (AB) and/or GL99-01 (SK)
- Orientate and supervise truck operators for water source and fluid disposal.
- sample and test drill fluids; assess for land application and/or facility disposal.
- Invoicing for work at the field level
- Obtain relevant documentation for final report (mapping, additives, disposal tallies, etc.)
- Review & interpretation of (laboratory) data.
- Client / Stakeholder / Operator communications for effective service provision.
- Prepare & review of applications, technical reports to clients, regulators, stakeholders.
- Field visitations for general operations, Quality Assurance.
The candidate should
- reside in Red Deer / Central Region, or one of the other field office locations across Western Canada (Home office)
- have a reliable vehicle suitable for light off-road duties (4×4).
- have excellent technological skills with PC, mobile devices, email, and any other variety of technology that can enhance efficiency of the position and company as a whole.
The best possible candidate will hold
- a commitment to Safety, Quality of Work, and Customer Service.
- a positive, inquisitive attitude with intelligence to learn from others as well as their own growth & mistakes, integration of theoretical knowledge and skills.
- Precision & Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Hold themselves to professional conduct within work, social and community setting.
- A variety of knowledge, skills & expertise in basic and advances scientific areas.
- A knowledge or willingness to learn about oilfield and Environmental industry is highly valuable.
- Knowledge of various provincial (AB, SK, MB, BC) & federal legislation with respect to the above areas
- Excellent Proficiency in a variety of hardware & software products (MS Office, Adobe, GIS)
- A willingness to travel (as required, sometimes short-notice) to various places for a short or extended stays as per project requirements
- High availability to communicate & consult to clients/management/field personelle
- An appreciation for outdoors has high benefit to this position.
- a customer-focus, networking and company-growth through positive attitude will help this position grow into a longer-term opportunity and/or career.
- Experience or familiarity with the (upstream) oil & gas industry
- Eligibility towards a Professional Designation (P.Ag, P.Bio, P.Chem, Technologist, Technician or similar) A desire to pursue professional growth, life-long growth & learning
Currently, it is preferred for a 1-year Intern Contract Position. The Internship will be for approx. 12 months long, and is tentative of funding program approval for employer & employee (program has not yet been approved). The position will likely translate into a Full-Time position for the correct candidate. It is a good position for entry-level and entry into the Environmental industry.
Incentives – Why Choose CESL?
- Salary is dependant on experience and suitability of the candidate: $29-$40/hr depending on Education & Experience.
- Benefits can begin (100% paid premiums) after the minimum initiation (probationary) time of 3 months.
- Travel Expenses are generally paid for, and there is also exceptional incentive on travel.
- Accomadation is generally paid for (on the road); with incidentals compensation.
- A Moving Bonus may be negotiated!
- We have an excellent yet Reasonable Health & Safety Work Environment.
- Positions are generally directed to, and encouraged for, an Independant worker of the team. Let’s build trust so you can make your own judgement calls.
- Currently we are looking at a very attractive long-term savings incentive program (RRSP).
- Earn & Grow – this Entry level position is a very good stepping stone to enter the Energy, Oil/Gas, and Environment industry. Learn skills and knowledge on some of the basics of the more technical positions; or better yet, grow with the company into one of those departments!
- Our Goal is to look after employees for high retention, help you get experience into your field, and help you grow professionally and personally into something long-term and stable.
- Interested in moving to Alberta? ALBERTA is a great place to build a career!
Please send resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org ***** Reference: JPM#202204-02 *****