Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager – Environmental Services (CO OP or INTERN)
REPOSTED: Jan. 20, 2020
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is in need of an individual to assist in daily field and administration duties. This position is partially funded by a Government Grant, and some educational, residency, and other requirements must be met. To qualify, the right candidate must have:
CO OP QUALIFICATIONS (ASAP – March 31, 2020)
- If you currently study at a university or college in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Math (STEAM) and Business, you qualify!
- You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Refugee status.
- Students on a work permit or visa are not eligible.
INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS (Apr. 01, 2020)
- Must be a full-time, permanent position
- Environment-related position in STEM or Natural Resources
- Must be 30 years of age or younger
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
- Educated with a minimum 2-year diploma
The right candidate will have opportunity to obtain & expand their basic knowledge & skills; integrating into a project manager position in the following core areas:
- Drilling Waste Management (Primary Service Area)
- Site Assessments (Basic soils, topography, plant & animal ID)
- Water Resource Management
- Spill response, cleanup, remediation (depending on availability/requirement)
- Safety Management
Upon training and a term of fieldwork, a supervisory role will be integrated to:
- Setup, dispatch resource & manpower, maintenance, & problem-solving of daily operations.
- Review & interpretation of (laboratory) data.
- Client / Stakeholder communications for effective service provision.
- Prepare & review of applications, technical reports to clients, regulators, stakeholders.
- Review of operations, Operating procedures; streamline & increase efficiency and/or make use of technology for competitive advantage of the company
- Field visitations for general operations, Quality Assurance.
- A heavy focus will be on core areas #1 & #4.
The candidate should
- reside in Red Deer/Region, or one of the other field office locations.
- have a vehicle suitable for offroad (4×4).
- have excellent technological skills with PC, mobile devices, email, and any other variety of technology that can enhance efficiency of the position and company as a whole.
The best possible candidate will hold
- positive, inquisitive attitude with intelligence to learn from others as well as their own growth & mistakes, integration of theoretical knowledge and skills.
- Precision & Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Hold themselves to professional conduct within work, social and community setting.
- A variety of knowledge, skills & expertise in basic and advances scientific areas.
- A knowledge or willingness to learn about oilfield and Environmental industry is highly valuable.
- Knowledge of various provincial (AB, SK, MB, BC) & federal legislation with respect to the above areas
- Excellent Proficiency in a variety of hardware & software products (MS Office, Adobe, GIS)
- A willingness to travel (as required, sometimes short-notice) to various places for a short or extended stays as per project requirements
- High availability to communicate & consult to clients/management/field personelle
- An appreciation for outdoors has high benefit to this position.
- a customer-focus, networking and company-growth through positive attitude will help this position grow into a longer-term opportunity and/or career.
- Experience or familiarity with the (upstream) oil & gas industry
- Eligibility towards a Professional Designation (P.Ag, P.Bio, P.Chem, Technologist, Technician or similar) A desire to persue professional growth, life-long growth & learning
Currently, it is preferred for a Co-op Position. The Co-Op will be 1 to 3 terms of 6+ weeks/term. Following that, there is an opportunity for a TERM contract starting April 01, 2020 for 6months – 1 year. The position will likely translate into a Full-Time position for the correct candidate. It is a good position for entry-level and entry into the Environmental industry. Salary is dependant on experience and suitability of the candidate: $2,500 – $5,000 / month depending on Education & Experience. Benefits can begin (100% paid premiums) after the minimum initiation time.
Please send resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org Reference: JPM#20200120