Digital Media & marketing Developer (Co-op & Internship)
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is in need of an individual to assist in maintainance and creation of their digital & hard-copied media to showcase their company and other subsidiary companies. It entails website updating and/or revamping, social media, article sourcing and posting, , and field representatives in respects to legislative & regulatory applications, maintainance of data, utilization & testing of data management information system, report compilation, and submission and archiving of final reports. Light bookkeeping (Invoicing) may be integrated. This position is partially funded by Grant, and some educational, residency, and other requirements must be met.
This is proposed to be partially funded by a government program, so to qualify, the right candidate must have:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee status
- Must be in their last term of school, and be eligible to a completed Post-Secondary education with a 2-year diploma or 4-year degree (minimum) by Apr. 30th.
- Must be 30 years of age or younger
- Ideal candidate is for someone completing their last year of post-secondary education (by Apr. 30) that could integrate into a 1-year+ internship.
The position will be integrative in nature, with a co-op term between 6-16 weeks. A second funding program will enable a consequetive 12 month term. The position may lead into a full-time position dependant on workload and candidate’s performance.
KEY LANGUAGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Vehicle or transporation to office (located in Burnt Lake Industrial, Red Deer – note that not public transportation exists).
- Very good knowledge of following languages/software:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Web Applications/Forms.
- Proficiency in Typing, Data Entry, Data Transfer.
- GIS Basics (Google EARTH, lat/long)
- Very good Mathematical skillset, High Numerical literacy.
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization, organization, verbal and written proficiency.
Additional skills that will enhance your chances at hiring:
- Hard Sciences (Chemistry, physics, biology) understanding
- Environmental Sciences
- Oil & Gas operations, terminology (upstream)
- Office organization (printer & network utilizations)
- Friendly & outgoing demeanour.
- Onboarding, familiarization & basic training provided by employer.
- Flex hours/days. Except for specific important deadlines & meetings, you can start & finish any times or days. A work-from-home day is possible 1 or 2 days a month
- Starting @ $22/hr.; moving up to $22.50 after 2 months/80 hrs.
- Benefits: full package; 100% employer-paid after 6 months (AB Blue Cross).
- Possible Health-spending account.
- Extended learning programs may be possible, at 100% employer/government funding (on employees own time).
- Competition Date Close: Jan. 10, 2020
- Start Date: Jan. 20th or sooner
- Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition Reference (PLEASE quote in Subject line of application!)