Summer Student 2018 – Chinook Environmental Services Ltd.
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is an Environmental Service Company that provides a variety of Consulting services in oilfield, industrial, business, municipal and other markets. CESL has 1-2 summer student positions open for 2017 to assist with a variety of technical, administration and marketing tasks.
The ideal candidate must be or have:
The ideal candidate should be:
– enrolled in any combination of the following programs:
– Hard Sciences (Preferably Environmental Science program of 2 or 4 year diploma/degree)
– Marketing, Sales, Business Administration
– Technology (Computer Sciences, Programming, Electronic Engineering, etc.)
– willing to relocate to Central Alberta
The job description will entail:
– Term of employment will be approx. 16 weeks; starting at or near May 01, 2017
– Learning basic environmental skill sets.
– travelling and working in various locations through Western Canada as a pre-job need is required.
– Assist in routine duties including but not limited to:
– Oilfield Waste Sampling, logistics, management. High focus will be on Drilling Waste management.
– Soil Sampling, Characterization
– Wildlife, plant and soil inventories and reporting
– Spill cleanup
– Stream flow and water body assessment and measurements
– Water Pumpoff (setup and maintain hoses & pumps, documentation & reporting)
— lab duties / assistanc
– when field and reporting duties are caught up, the student will assist in marketing and promotion of the company, including but not limited to:
– social media updates
– attend networking & social functions as available or identified.
– formulate a marketing brochure which outlines the company and its services
– Seek out new clients by networking, cold-contacting various companies in Calgary or various other locations.
– Provide various other assistance as required by the company.
– Wage range is between $15 – $25 / hr. Monthly phone/data allowances may be included. Mileage will be allocated as required.
Applicants MUST reference CESL-STEP18 in the subject line. Please email resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
This is your opportunity to learn some valuable environmental, social, marketing and science skills from an ISO:9001 Company that has been operating in Western Canada since 2001.