Software Development Assistant – Web Application
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is in need of an individual to assist in development of a Web Application to compliment their management operations. This is proposed to be partially funded by a government program, so to qualify, the right candidate must have:
The right candidate will have opportunity to obtain & expand their basic knowledge & skills; assist in some technology development, and gain some skills & insight into the Environmental, Oil & Gas Sectors.
Location: Any remote location in Canada is possible (preference to Red Deer, Edmonton or Calgary). Generally, an independant work environment will be experienced, either at office in Red Deer, AB and/or at-home. You will work alongside and underneath a Senior developer, Company Management, and even have field visitations to test software.
KEY LANGUAGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
The best possible candidate will hold
The term of the contract is 1 year. It may translate into a Full-Time position for the correct candidate.
32-40 hrs/Week (or equivalent * ); $15.50 – $40/hr
Please send resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org Reference: ELTS 2018-1
Junior Operations Manager – Environmental Services (Intern)
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is in need of an individual to assist in daily field and administration duties. This position is partially funded by a Government Grant, and some educational, residency, and other requirements must be met. To qualify, the right candidate must have:
The right candidate will have opportunity to obtain & expand their basic knowledge & skills; developing into a project manager position in the following core areas:
Duties will include:
The candidate should
The best possible candidate will hold
The term of the contract is 1 year. It may translate into a Full-Time position for the correct candidate. It is a good position for entry-level and entry into the Environmental industry. Salary is dependant on experience and suitability of the candidate: $2,500 – $4,000 / month.
Please send resumes to : email@example.com Reference: SPM #20180111
Summer Student 2018 – Chinook Environmental Services Ltd.
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is an Environmental Service Company that provides a variety of Consulting services in oilfield, industrial, business, municipal and other markets. CESL has 1-2 summer student positions open for 2017 to assist with a variety of technical, administration and marketing tasks.
The ideal candidate must be or have:
The ideal candidate should be:
– enrolled in any combination of the following programs:
– Hard Sciences (Preferably Environmental Science program of 2 or 4 year diploma/degree)
– Marketing, Sales, Business Administration
– Technology (Computer Sciences, Programming, Electronic Engineering, etc.)
– willing to relocate to Central Alberta
The job description will entail:
– Term of employment will be approx. 16 weeks; starting at or near May 01, 2017
– Learning basic environmental skill sets.
– travelling and working in various locations through Western Canada as a pre-job need is required.
– Assist in routine duties including but not limited to:
– Oilfield Waste Sampling, logistics, management. High focus will be on Drilling Waste management.
– Soil Sampling, Characterization
– Wildlife, plant and soil inventories and reporting
– Spill cleanup
– Stream flow and water body assessment and measurements
– Water Pumpoff (setup and maintain hoses & pumps, documentation & reporting)
– any other items that are within the scope of the company.
– when field and reporting duties are caught up, the student will assist in marketing and promotion of the company, including but not limited to:
– social media updates
– attend networking & social functions as available or identified.
– formulate a marketing brochure which outlines the company and its services
– Seek out new clients by networking, cold-contacting various companies in Calgary or various other locations.
– Provide various other assistance as required by the company.
– Wage range is between $15 – $20 / hr. Monthly phone/data allowances will be included. Mileage will be allocated as required.
Applicants MUST reference CESL-STEP18 in the subject line. Please email resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is your opportunity to learn some valuable environmental, social, marketing and science skills from an ISO:9001 Company that has been operating in Western Canada since 2001.
Chinook Environmental Services is seeing an optimistic trend in employment opportunities for the 2017 and forward years. As such, we are opening up consideration for the following positions (see descriptions below):
Water Resources Manager (“Manager, water transport”-HRDC Job Bank) – Please Quote WRM#20175598. [Location: Calgary and/or Red Deer and/or Grande Prairie, AB.] – Jan. 31, 2017
Sr. Project Manager (Pls. Quote SPM #2017397) (Red Deer, Calgary, Kindersley, Regina)
Jr. Project Managers (Pls. Quote JPM #2017667) (Various locations)
Entry Level Technicians (Pls. Quote ELT #2017991) (Various locations)
Locations: Please see our “Service Area“ page for details on locations. Please make note of geographical area(s) of availability for enhanced consideration.
Resumes and SHORT cover letters may be email to: email@example.com (please quote the placement # in the subject line)
Chinook Environmental Services serves various divisions. Please include in your cover letter your area(s) of expertise and/or interest in expanding your portfolio & Skills, as well as your geographical area(s) of availability, and/or willingness to re-locate.
Water Resources Manager (“Manager, water transport”-HRDC Job Bank) – Please Quote WRM#20175598. [Location: Calgary and/or Red Deer and/or Grande Prairie, AB.]
The individual’s duties will include:
– Individual Location: any combination of Calgary (Client or CESL office), Calgary (CESL or home/office), Red Deer CESL office, GP field/client-office (field visitations, term-postings)
– Minimum 3 days/week (24 hrs/40 hr. work-week) dedicated to 1 specific client’s operations. High-priority projects given most attention, and lower-priority (reporting requirements, monitoring, investigation on alternatives, industry meetings, etc.) to fill-in the hours.
– This position is anticipated to accelerate quickly to full time, and possibly to oversee an entire team.
The following positions are set to Expire Feb. 06, 2016
Sr. Project Manager (Pls. Quote SPM #2017397)
You have a minimum Bachelor or 4-year post-secondary training in hard sciences. Those with Environmental-based sciences will be given priority. Your 5+ years of industry experience has given you field skills, as well as personelle, equipment and various resource skills. Cost-allocation and cost-benefit analysis are inherintly applied to projects. You have a track record of attention to detail, fantastic & accurate reporting skills. Technology skills are at a high level (email, database/ms-office, browsing, etc.). Your network of peers and ability to expand that network bring a hidden knowledge and skill base to CESL. You have the skills and ambition to work independantly, but routinely report to Senior Management.
Jr. Project Managers (Pls. Quote JPM #2017667)
You have some experience directly or indirectly related to the industry. You can work independently or semi-independently, and minimal training will be required. With your 2+ years of relevant experience, you will be able to expand your scope of practise while continually building on knowledge and skills. A minimum 2-year diploma from a recognized institution, preferentially in Environmental Sciences will give you the base knowledge to operate at the field level. You can manage Compliance, Economics, Logistics, Liability and Safety of a project from start to finish. You will continually build your knowledge and skillsets, and work with the company as part of our overall team.
Entry Level Technicians (Pls. Quote ELT #2017991)
A recent graduate (preferred) of an environmental program with minimum 2-year diploma or 4-year diploma/degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, you have extensive knowledge and skill-sets in specific areas applicable to a division or divisions of the scope of services offered by CESL (as above). You are anxious to learn and provide yourself a knowledge and skillset to proceed in the Environmental Industry. This position has traditionally been a fantastic stepping-stone from CESL to enter the Energy and Environmental industries, with many individuals proceeding to Senior positions within private and public companies. A Mandatory Basic training of 1 week (theory) and 2 weeks (field), as well as advanced training will be provided. Pay rates start between $25/hr and may exceed $200/hr. depending on your phase/level of training and the job(s) that can be offered.