Digital Engineer – LoadMaster (Co-op & Internship)
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is in need of an individual to assist in maintainance and creation a subsidiary company. It entails a innovative and unique water management system that is automated & passive, as well as integrative with mobile app and web/cloud connected. The right candidate will be technologically-savy, as well as have some light mechanical understanding and skills (pipefitting, pumps, etc.)
This position is partially funded by Grant, and some educational, residency, and other requirements must be met.
This is proposed to be partially funded by a government program, so to qualify, the right candidate must have:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee status
- Must be in their last term of school, and be eligible to a completed Post-Secondary education with a 2-year diploma or 4-year degree (minimum) by Apr. 30th.
- Must be 30 years of age or younger
- Ideal candidate is for someone completing their last year of post-secondary education (by Apr. 30) that could integrate into a 1-year+ internship.
The position will be integrative in nature, with a co-op term between 6-16 weeks. A second funding program will enable a consequetive 12 month term. The position may lead into a full-time position dependant on workload and candidate’s performance, as well as commercialization outcome possibility of the system.
KEY LANGUAGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
1.Vehicle or transporation to office (located in Burnt Lake Industrial, Red Deer – note that not public transportation exists). Some work-from-home opportunity will exist.
2. Other skillsets/languages:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- High interest & Literacy in technology & innovation.
- GIS Basics (Google EARTH, lat/long)
- Data compilation, analysis and Graphical interpretation
- Very good mathematical skillset, high numerical literacy
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization, organization, verbal & written proficiency
- Project Management basics
Additional skills that will enhance your chances at hiring:
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Trigonomtry) understanding
- Environmental, regulatory and regulatory understanding
- Environmental Sciences
- Oil, Gas, Industrial familiarizations.
- Friendly & outgoing demeanour; focus on client satisfaction
- Marketing & Sales experience and/or skillset.
- Basic programming understanding:
- C, C++
- Mobile Development (Ios/Android)
- Deploying Code – IIS Server
- Onboarding, familiarization & basic training provided by employer.
- Flex hours/days. Except for specific important deadlines & meetings, you can start & finish any times or days. A work-from-home day is possible 1 or 2 days a month
- Starting @ $22/hr.; moving up to $22.50 after 2 months/80 hrs.
- Benefits: full package; 100% employer-paid after 6 months (AB Blue Cross).
- Possible Health-spending account.
- Extended learning programs may be possible, at 100% employer/government funding (on employees own time).
- Competition Date Close: Jan. 10, 2020
- Start Date: Jan. 20th or sooner
Email resumes to: email@example.com
- Competition Reference (PLEASE quote in Subject line of application!)