Technical Report Writer & Office Administrator (Mat Leave; possibly co-op)
Chinook Environmental Services Ltd. (CESL) is in need of an individual to assist in administrative & operations support. It entails organizing & initiating projects, providing administrative support to management, Senior Project Managers, and field representatives in respects to legislative & regulatory applications, maintainance of data, utilization & testing of data management information system, report compilation, and submission and archiving of final reports. Light bookkeeping (Invoicing) may be integrated. This position may be partially funded by Grant, and some educational, residency, and other requirements must be met.
This is proposed to be partially funded by a government program, so to qualify, the right candidate must have:
- Must be a full-time, permanent position
- Environment-related background in STEM or Natural Resources
- Must be 30 years of age or younger
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
- Educated with a minimum 2-year diploma
The position will be a consecutive 12 month term. The position may lead into a full-time position dependent on workload and candidate’s performance.
KEY LANGUAGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Vehicle or transporation to office (located in Burnt Lake Industrial, Red Deer – note that not public transportation exists). Some work-from-home opportunities will be offered.
- Very good knowledge of following languages/software:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Web Applications/Forms.
- Proficiency in Typing, Data Entry, Data Transfer.
- GIS Basics (Google EARTH, lat/long)
- Very good Mathematical skillset, High Numerical literacy.
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization, organization, verbal and written proficiency.
Additional skills that will enhance your chances at hiring:
- Basic & technical understanding of Hard Sciences (Chemistry, physics, biology).
- Environmental Sciences
- Oil & Gas operations, terminology (upstream)
- Office organization (printer & network utilizations)
- Friendly & outgoing demeanour.
- Onboarding, familiarization & basic training provided by employer.
- Flex hours/days. Except for specific important deadlines & meetings, you can start & finish any times or days. A work-from-home day is possible 1 or 2 days a month
- Starting @ $25/hr. – $28/hr. DOE.
- Very rapid wage advancement by $2-$5/hr. after 6 months possible, depending on performance.
- Benefits: full package; 100% employer-paid after 6 month probationary period (AB Blue Cross).
- Possible Health-spending account.
- Extended learning programs may be possible, at 100% employer/government funding (on employees own time).
- Competition Date Close: Sept. 15, 2021 (tenative)
- Start Date: Oct. 01, 2022, +/-
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition Reference (PLEASE quote in Subject line of application!)
- TRW 22-MAT-09